With the tablet market going fast and strong. All big shots of the tech industry are trying to improvise there product and costing to provide better offering to end consumers. Seeing from the product launch, Amazon’s sales pitch might have got a better holding of the consumer pulse. Let’s have a look on the offering which Amazon is offering with it’s Kindle Fire HD tablets.
– Crispier screen: 1920 x 1200 HD resolution (254 pixel per inch) , which is close to what iPad 3 is offering today, but ofcourse at a higher price tag starting from $499. Google nexus 7 does not even come closer to this mark. Just imagine how gaming and reading would be on a vibrant screen. Moreover, it is using advanced technology, such that the viewing angles are maintained.
– Dual band, Double Antennae: Since the whole point of tablets existence is totally content driven. Amazon has got this functionality right on target, people today are watching youtube video’s, live channels, music and much more on there tablets. So, the speed matters! And on an average comparison with Google nexus 7 and iPad 3 , Amazon Kindle Fire tablet is a step ahead with far more faster internet speed (40%) when it matters the most. Also, to note that amazon already have there silk browser’s, which is a cloud driven browser.
– Faster Processor: Kindle Fire HD is using 1.5 Ghz Dual core Processor with OMAP 4470 chips. This is the same old processor but it has been over clocked, also it has SGX544 3D graphics core which can do 12 billion floating points of calculation. As per mentioned by Amazon, this processor has 40% more bandwidth then the Tegra 3 quad core processor, which means the performance is expected to be superior and on par with iPad 3 and Google Nexus 7.
– Doubly Audio: Amazon has projected there HD tablets as a full entertainment tablet. They have thought wisely and rationalized the activities which are more done on tablets. Watching movies is one of them. And ofcourse, when we are watching movie. We need sound to be as good as HD movie. With dual speaker on the Kindle Fire HD tablets, your show will go on.
– Battery: There is no mention on the battery life for Amazon’s HD tablets but Amazon confirmed that it will be competent enough to the standard in market.
– Storage and Multimedia: The storage sizes are available in 16 gb, 32 gb and 64 gb as well. Also, Kindle Fire HD support HDMI output, which means you can stream your movies or multimedia to a bigger screen.
– Host of other services: Amazon is also provide free cloud storage and first 250 songs storage. Also, there are other hosts of free applications like facebook, skype which are readily available on the tablet and more popular apps also accessible via kindle store. Amazon is also providing its service called Amazon Prime, which allows you to download movies,videos, songs, magazine etc at a aggressive pricing by Amazon. Also, Amazon is providing $49.90 4G annual subscription for 250 mb data.
Some cons on this tablet are:
– Lack of Google Play store.
– Android version : though amazon has not revealed it yet, but we feel that it is not running on latest firmware i.e Jelly Bean.
– No rear camera. The front camera is primary meant only for Skype or video chats.
– Restricted feel of Android, as the OS is heavily customized by Amazon to tailor made it for its own array of services.
– Price point for 4G model could have been better.
Also, we got to know that since these tablets are binded by Amazon’s ads. But , you can get rid of ads by paying additional $15. Whether, Amazon has hit the right balance in the battle only the time can tell. For now, we are looking forward at Apple’s event, which could possibly be the launching platform for iPad mini. Also, Google is planning out bigger size tablets and one’s with more upgraded features. Also, Microsoft’s Surface is also on its way in October. So, loads of features packed gadgets to be coming up this holiday seasons with wide range of price points. Lets wait and watch!