Are you looking for Webex alternatives? Buying a premium software these days cost high upfront and maintenance costs. As per the growing demand of the internet and mobility solutions, everyone wants to save expenses for the effective medium of communication. We too found few good and relevant alternatives to Webex for SMB’s (Small Medium Businesses).
Here is a list of handpicked Open Source and free alternatives for Webex:
BigBlueButton: This new open source web meeting application has made it mark in recent times only. Following are its feature according to different roles into the meeting.
- Raise your hand
- See all participants
- Watch Presentations
- Public and Private Chat
- See Each other
- See presenters cursor
- Acknowledge yourself as presentor
- Mute or eject participants
- Share any Pdf or Office Document
- Share your desktop
You can get a download and installation link here.
Dimdim: Recently DimDim is been acquired by Sales force. It is by far one of the best alternatives to Webex. You can still download the opensource code from the repository here. Some of the salient features of DimDim are:
- Lightweight and web-based:Application is lightweight, fast, and uncluttered. It works seamlessly on Macs and PCs and on any browser.
- Stable, no spontaneous bootings: Compare to other paid versions of conferencing, Dimdim is less prone to random booting.
- Free to cheap: You can use Dimdim without even paying, and if you upgrade to a premium subscription (allowing you to host larger conferences) Dimdim is still significantly cheaper than webEx and GoToMeeting.
- Desktop Sharing: Dimdim provides a plug-in which allows you to share your native desktop, similar to how WebEx and GoToMeeting do it.
- 4-way video and voice conferencing: Dimdim allows you to have 2-way or 4-way video conferencing, and voice conferencing. Video and voice quality is on-par with services like Skype, varying depending on your bandwidth.
OpenMeetings: It is a free browser-based software that allows you to set up instantly a conference in the Web. You can use your microphone or webcam, share documents on a white board, share your screen or record meetings. It is available as hosted service or you download and install a package on your server with no limitations in usage or users.
Some salient features of OpenMeetings are:
- Desktop Sharing
- Recording (Complete Session and Interview styled)
- Whiteboard with drawing, write & edit, dragNDrop, Resizing, Images (DragNDrop from Library), Symbol(s)
- Import Documents (.tga, .xcf, .wpg, .txt, .ico, .ttf, .pcd, .pcds, .ps, .psd, .tiff,
.bmp, .svg, .dpx, .exr, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .ppt, .odp, .odt, .sxw, .wpd, .doc,
.rtf, .txt, .ods, .sxc, .xls, .sxi, .pdf) DocumentImporting
- Multi-Language (Currently: Arabic Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Czech German English French Galician Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Persian Portuguese Russian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian, Galizian, Finnish) and Customizable
- Integration API and ready modules
- Send invitation and direct links into a conference room
- Remote SOAP-Gateway for Single Sign On, integration and remote administration
- Moderating System, User-/Organisation-/Moderating- System
- Backup and Language Module (LanguageEditor, BackupPanel)
- Private and Public (Organisation only) Conference-Rooms
- Technologies used, see TechnologyPortfolio